Thursday, August 20, 2015

Finally Flat

Two months ago, I posted about a couple streets in my delivery area that had been ground to make way for paving projects. Today, the city finally began to finish the job on North 3rd Street:



I guess all good things take time? Even though Broad Street, Snyder Avenue, 16th Street and several other projects were started after this one and finished first...I guess it doesn't matter. I can finally stop avoiding this area and get back to my normal delivery route, and hope and pray that PGW doesn't get anywhere near this street for a few years.

If you look on the lower left corner of the above pictures, you may have noticed the cafe:


The only reason I highlight it is because I used to work in that building. The owner moved into the former location of the Strengthening Health Institute, and it's a little weird to see. I will, of course, return once it's open to see what their definition of "gourmet" happens to be. Still a strange location for a cafe, if you ask me...

Tonight, my friends from DC are in town playing a show at Kung Fu Necktie. If the rain holds out, I may ride my bike there and have an excuse to blog about it on here tomorrow. If not, I may do it anyway. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment