Friday, August 21, 2015

The Naked Mural

Since the SHI office has moved deeper into South Philly, Watkins Drinkery has become one of my favorite after work haunts, as it's only a few blocks from our new location. If you've never been, I highly recommend, for herbivores, omnivores, swill and craft beer enthusiasts alike. Also one of the best happy hours in the city, IMO.

Anywho, I stopped off for a quick bite this evening. For whatever reason, when I left, I decided to go west on Watkins Street even though home is toward the east. The next building over, I saw this:


I've been here half a dozen times in the last month or so, and I have no idea how I missed this. This is Isaiah Zagar's mural warehouse, which I knew existed, but whose location I never looked up. Durrrr...

After I stopped gawking, I was about to leave, when a local from across the street called down to me from his roof deck. He told me to go down the alley between the bar and the warehouse, to which I said "Thanks, but maybe some other time." I actually had to meet a friend in Old City, which is another story for another day.

He also said that there's going to be an after party here after the Philly Naked Bike Ride, and "You look like you might be into that sorta thing." Not sure what that means, but at any rate, I guess we'll see next weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment