Monday, April 4, 2022

30 Days of Biking Day 3: Errands

I had another relatively light day on the bike yesterday due in part to not feeling well and also having a bunch of other things to do. In addition to household chores that I put off on Saturday, I had to drop my car off for some work to be done today. I used it as an opportunity to take a bike with me to use for my return trip:

That multi-use path is not far from my house, and it's been a mildly annoying part of my cycling life over the past 6ish months. Grove City started working to add medians on the road you can see above right,  and said road was outfitted with some questionable bike lanes that have returned since the road was repaved:


These lanes are not buffered and the 35MPH speed limit on this 4-lane stretch of Southwest boulevard is often ignored, so they're not exactly what I would call "safe." The multi-use path is an improvement for sure as long as it's actually open (you can see the construction barrier above as well) when the city isn't working on the new buildings off to the left. It's going to take some time, but hopefully they finish work on time and will re-pave the damaged areas. I use this trail almost daily during the Summer to get to downtown Grove City...

No comments:

Post a Comment