Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Fall in the Park

In light of Tuesday's incident, I was reminded today that there is - after all - a balance of good and evil in today's society.

I had just finished my morning route and was going to meet my roommate in Rittenhouse Square. Long story short, she didn't make it, but I still opted to enjoy lunch in the park anyway. It's an absolutely GORGEOUS day in the City of Brotherly Love, and folks were out in droves, none of which you can see in this pic (haha). I'm artsy like that:


Whilst mowing down a Chipotle burrito, an older woman wearing high heels got caught up in one of the spaces between the bricks (there has to be a word for that) and fell, landing glancing blows to her left elbow and hip as she hit the ground. Or so it seemed, anyway.

As soon as I saw it happen, I started to put my burrito down to go help her when I noticed that 4 or 5 other people had already rushed over to her. Several others near me also asked if she was OK. She assured everyone she was fine, and climbed to her feet under her own power. After checking to see if she had any bruises, she thanked everyone. The crowd dispersed and everyone went about their days. As she walked past me she said to herself "I guess shit happens...what're ya gonna do?"

We always like to believe people will do the decent thing when something goes wrong. Thanks for this, universe. I need reminders like this every now and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment