Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Water for the Win Win

Myself and Lindsay of W/N W/N Coffee Bar this morning

Humid, hazy, hot, soupy, sultry, summery...whatever adjective you choose, it's farking hawt in the City of Brotherly Love today. Thankfully I service some pretty cool clients like W/N W/N who were more than willing to help us cyclists stay hydrated. I felt I owed them an Instagram post at the very least. Friends helping friends, right?

It's been a bit of a running joke whenever I walk in to service them every Monday and Wednesday morning - they offer me a glass of water and I usually say "No" because I'm almost always well-hydrated (side note: eating your vegetables and avoiding hard baked food helps). But today, there's no such thing as well-hydrated, especially when you're moving hundreds of pounds of laundry on a bike. Sort of makes me miss those five-layer February days. Sort of...

The second-best advice on a day like today is to get your outdoor shit done early if at all possible. I knew I had to pick up pillows from Temple today, and that it would be a large load, but I was determined to get it all done in one trip to avoid more heat exposure (it didn't matter - it was still 90+ degrees by 11AM). I don't recommend trying this at home:



13 bags of pillows, each weighing over 20 pounds. You can call me Steve the Sweaty Cyclist.

Speaking of pillows, I think it's time for a nap. Stay hydrated, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment