Thursday, July 30, 2015

When's This Gonna be On?


PHL17 stopped by Wash Cycle's Thompson Street facility last week to do a profile on Mildred, my wonderful laundry team leader, and myself. It aired this morning:



After spending the better part of the last 9 years working behind the camera (in varying capacities), it was very different to be in front of it for a change. Someone at HQ said I have a future as a spokesman. I think I'd shave first... At any rate, it's great that people are recognizing what we do, and more importantly why we do it.

Some sadness to report, sort of: Mildred is going on vacation for three weeks. I don't blog much about her, but she truly is the legend behind the scenes while I soak up all the sun (and occasional glory). I say this without hyperbole that my job would be IMPOSSIBLE without her, and I'm really going to miss her while she's gone.

Enough sappiness. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment