Friday, July 10, 2015

Changing Places

About 2 months ago, I posted an Instagram photo of this graffiti at the corner of Germantown Ave. and Cecil B. Moore:


Before you ask me what the hell I was doing in that neighborhood, I'll answer: I was working and decided to take a 2 minute photo break. At any rate, pay attention to the right side of the photo. There's a dollar-bill-esque mural on the far wall topped with barbed wire. You can check out some better photos of it here.

I've been Googling to find out exactly who, or what, the Elevated Barbarians are, with limited success. If anyone knows, please let me know. Nearest I could find is that it's some independent graphic design group, but I can't find a website, Facebook, Twitter account, nothin.'

The above photo is now curious to me, because I was biking up Germantown Ave. again yesterday, and something seemed different. Sure enough, look at the right of this photo:


I know, I know, I should have taken a closer photo for reference's sake, but again, I was working and this time I was actually in a bit of a hurry. If you look closely though, above the large "Dash" and "Rolen" block letters, it reads "Class of 2015 Happy Graduation Day."

So now I have a few NEW questions, such as:
"Are these school graduates, or did they 'graduate' by passing gang initiation?"
"Was this done by a graphic designer or professional?" Sure looks like it.
"Is this wall going to change again in a few months?"

I guess I'll have to keep you posted on that last one...

No comments:

Post a Comment