Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A Great Day to Detour

I have a history of starting off slow during 30 Days of Biking. This year has been a completely different story. Despite starting on a Monday, I've put in nearly 40 miles already this week. I owe this in part to keeping my schedule clear for a change, and also the beautiful weather Mother Nature has blessed us with here in Columbus.

Knowing full well that Central Ohio weather can turn on a dime, I've made it a point to take advantage of the nice days when we get them. The last two have seen no sign of precipitation, very little wind, and slightly cool but mild enough temperatures between 35-50°F - literally my favorite riding conditions (almost makes me forget that it snowed on Sunday). It was so pleasant today, I took a 3-mile detour on my afternoon commute to do a quick lap around a park near our home:


Tomorrow looks to be another gorgeous day before rain moves in on Thursday. Unless you live in the deep south, I suggest you get out and take advantage of these conditions to get on your bike. I'm not trying to guilt you into it, but our daughter is also 2-for-2 so far during April. She'll be making another appearance on this blog before too long...


30 Days of Biking 2019 Mileage Total: 39.2

No comments:

Post a Comment