Friday, April 5, 2019

"Bike Packing"

It's day 5 of 30 Days of Biking, and despite a broken rear bearing, the kiddo got a short ride in this afternoon, making her 5-for-5 this month:


If you've been following along, you'll notice that she's not riding her Schwinn. Mom let her borrow her bike, which is a bit jarring to see, no? It doesn't quite fit her exactly, but it's pretty close. A lower seat post and a true step-through frame and she'll be set to go with a grown-up bike. The really good news in that is, when we go to get her a new bike, we probably don't need to worry about buying another kids' bike and potentially having to trade up in a couple years.

She'll be at her Aunt's this weekend and she obviously couldn't pack her Mom's bike, so I'm not sure she'll be able to get any rides in until she returns on Sunday. Still, a great start to the month. I wonder how many miles she's logged...

As for my day 5, I kept the commuter bike packed in my car last night and took it with me to work again today:


I'm not much of a gym person, so taking a 13-mile round trip to Galloway via the Ohio to Erie Trail after work is as close to an after-work workout as I'll get. I think I may start to make this a thing on days when commuting via bike isn't ideal:


You'd think I would have some pretty big plans for the first weekend of 30DoB, but you'd be wrong. I'm sure I'll ride. I'm not sure where to, or for what purpose, but I will be riding somewhere at some time. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!


30 Days of Biking 2019 Mileage Total: 82.6

No comments:

Post a Comment