Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Ride for the Moment

Awhile back, someone told me that one of the best things about riding a bike as part of your daily lifestyle is that it essentially forces you to be more connected with your surroundings. I've been constantly reminded of this throughout the first 17 days of 30 Days of Biking, when I see the trees gradually starting to bud and grow leaves, when I smell different kinds of pollen in the air, and when I see sights like I did this morning:


That was taken near the end of my morning commute, around 6:45AM. The previous couple days of commuting weren't nearly as pleasing to the eyes, and as such, I was quite awestruck when I happened to see that gorgeous sunrise to my left. The phone camera really doesn't do it justice:



I'm pretty sure I "autopilot" my way through most of these moments when I'm in my car. That could just be me being me, but I know I tend to appreciate them more when I'm on my bike. I appreciate them even more when I think about how this same area looked just two weeks ago at the same time of day:


As the days "get longer," these moments will be rarer to see unless I start my rides a little earlier each day. For right now, I'll enjoy the early Spring 6:45AM sunrises when I get to see them. They're also especially pleasing because my morning commutes start out looking like this:


Sadly, I won't get to see another sunrise like this for a few days, as the weather is supposed to be rather lackluster tomorrow morning, and I'll be heading out of town for a few days after that. But hey, I got a couple nice pictures to hold me over for the time being, right?

And by the way, for those of you who are interested and have been following along, Faith has been riding after school every day. I've not been getting home early enough to catch her before she heads out, but she's keeping the youthful spirit of 30DoB alive and well. I promise I'll have more soon.

Until tomorrow, and day 18, happy riding.


30 Days of Biking 2019 Mileage Total: 267.9

No comments:

Post a Comment