Thursday, April 25, 2019

Cruisin' for Caffeine

The forecast on day 25 of 30 Days of Biking suggested that showers would happen intermittently throughout the day and be heavy at times. As such, I decided not to commute via bike today. I did sneak in a quick lap during an early morning lapse in precipitation, as I was unsure I'd be able to beat the heavy wind and rain later in the day.

As luck would have it, the skies calmed for a bit just as I finished up my work day, so I took to the trail to head to another trail of sorts:


You may ask, what does a coffee shop have to do with a trail? Well you see, Third Way Cafe happens to be one of the stops on the Columbus Coffee Experience Trail:


It's yet another trail that's right up my alley. Three things I absolutely love in life are biking, beer, and coffee. Some of my vices are healthier than others, I suppose. But speaking of beer and coffee...

Experience Columbus is pretty big on trails. If you've frequented my blogspace, you already know about the Ale Trail, and there's also the Made in Cbus Trail in addition to the aforementioned Coffee Trail. They all have the same goal in mind: getting people interested in supporting local business. I'm all about it, and to the extent that I can, I try to do so on a bike, of course.

This is my second stop on the trail. Each one offers a stamp, and collecting a certain number gives you rewards:


After doing my business, I headed back to the bike trail to head home. Just in time, too, because as soon as I got in my car, it started pouring again. I'm going to see if I can get a couple more errands in on the bike later this evening. If not, 4 cycling miles and patronizing local business on a rather lackluster day is none too shabby. Happy Thursday, everyone!



30 Days of Biking 2019 Mileage Total: 332.0

No comments:

Post a Comment