Saturday, August 12, 2017

Brake Up

It's Summer time, which means the streets have been inundated with re-paving projects (sorely needed). It means street grinding and rough terrain in the process, which can wreak havoc on a cyclist. Yesterday, on my way home from the far North Philly after dropping off the work van, I noticed a rather bad brake rub on my front wheel, most likely caused by a wheel coming loose after riding over said rough terrain. Thankfully, I wasn't far from one of my old haunts, Kayuh Bikes:


They're 3 blocks away from our North Philly plant and they still know me well. Even though they were about to close up shop, they still took the time to get my brake re-centered and my wheel back in alignment (strangely, it didn't need to be trued). The remainder of the ride home was much smoother, and who knows if I would have made it? I guess I need to start carrying an adjustable wrench in my tool kit too...

I'm hoping to get out a long ride today, but the weather doesn't appear to be cooperating. We'll see, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment