Tuesday, August 8, 2017

No Rain, No Gain

All things considered, this Summer has been relatively dry. Rainy days are never enjoyable, but they're especially off-putting when you've been used to hot, sunny conditions for so long.

That said, when properly equipped, they're not so bad. I think perhaps the best $40-ish I've spent since I got my bike has been the $40-ish I spent on fenders:


I take joy in the simple things, like getting to work and NOT having my bookbag covered with dirty water spray. They're not only functional, but they also look sharp. The only real downside is the increased drag, but I'm not trying to win races on my daily commute. Well, in most cases...

All this said, my plans to drop the old boy off at the bike shop for a tune-up were once again delayed due to yesterday's showers, and boy does he ever need one. Hopefully I'll have time to make it over there today, as the weather looks to be much more cooperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment