Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Fool in the Rain

Fresh off his first post-tune-up adventure, The Bike With No Name is experiencing his first rainy day today:


It's actually just a light drizzle, but nonetheless. The precipitation wasn't so bad this morning. The wind, on the other hand, was quite annoying. I'm actually hoping the rain picks up a little bit, because he's in need of a bath after this weekend, as you can see by looking at the fenders:



Go figure. A trail ride gets a bike dirty. After such excursions, I like letting Mother Nature do the bulk of the cleaning work with a little natural water logging, because basically all I gotta do is wipe the bike dry afterward and re-lubricate the chain. It's not the most effective method however, and I do give my bike regular cleanings using more traditional methods. It's a crucial part of bike maintenance, and unfortunately I didn't have time on Sunday or yesterday to get it done. According to this guy, you can do the whole thing in 5 minutes. I haven't tried that yet. Maybe one day, I'll get all sophisticated and get all the neat little toys (including a chain cleaner) to do the job.

In any case, let it rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment