Friday, April 1, 2022

30 Days of Biking Day 1: Acting a Fool?

 If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this photo today:


If you believed I was actually in Philly today, congratulations on forgetting what day it is. ;)

As has been the case in most years, day one of 30 Days of Biking was relatively low-key. Temps here in Columbus, OH hovered just above the freezing mark, and there was even some snow in the air depending on the exact location. Despite these factors, I did take a couple very short rides today, one around the block, and one around the parking lot at Columbus Brewing Company:



This has been a previous pint stop on the Roll Pub Ride. They were closed during the height of the pandemic but have returned since some time last Summer, and I'm happy to report that the beer quality has not suffered one bit. Also of note, the sixtel bike racks:


As for why I found myself there today, a few co-workers and I said farewell to another co-worker, who is heading back to his home in Alaska after much too short of a time working with us. A bittersweet way to begin this month, but enjoyable nonetheless. Here's hoping for warmer weather and longer rides for the rest of April!



No comments:

Post a Comment