Tuesday, April 19, 2022

30 Days of Biking Day 19: Neither Rain, Nor Snow...

Nor both? As a reminder of a theme I just can't seem to shake this month, the weather once again made riding challenging today. There was a wind advisory in place for this afternoon, but that wasn't even the craziest part of today's forecast. Snow - yes, that's right - was possible in some parts of the greater Columbus area, and I encountered a small cell during my work day to validate said forecast. Of course, it's actually been warm enough over the last month or so to prevent any of it from sticking, so at least the oddities didn't stick around for long.

As for that wind advisory, I waited out the worst of it before heading out for a nice 11-mile ride after dinner:


The view does look nice. Riding head first into the wind at times wasn't all that pleasant, but once again, it's better than not riding at all. Towards the end of my ride, I was treated to a beautiful sunset. It feels like these have been unbelievably rare this month:


Tomorrow is the 2/3 mark of 30 Days of Biking, and I have yet to commute via bicycle this month. That's a record for sure, and one I'd like to end if at all possible. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment