Tuesday, April 12, 2022

30 Days of Biking Day 10: Can't Catch a Break

But I'll tell you what I can catch: THE FLU! Sorry for the spoiler at the beginning of the post, but it's honestly comical how arduous it's been for me to get a nice, enjoyable ride in this month.

The latest installment started, as usual, with much optimism. The weather on Sunday morning was a little chilly but otherwise BEAUTIFUL:

 

I was actually feeling a little groggy in the morning, which was a little surprising because I didn't drink that much beer the night before, and I went to bed at a decent hour, but I initially shrugged this off. I ate breakfast, did a couple things around the house, and then headed out for a ride to watch the Man City/Liverpool match and have lunch with a friend:


My plan was to continue to ride for a little while that afternoon, maybe 20-30 casual miles because the weather was so damn pleasant (by comparison, anyway). But during lunch, I started to feel very full after not eating that much, and I also started experiencing a minor headache. I made it through the match but decided I needed to go home and take a nap before trying to do anything else.

That nap turned out to be spending most of the rest of the day on the couch, with a small amount of sleeping because I just couldn't get comfortable. Needless to say, I didn't get back on the bike that day, which may have been the most pleasant weather we've seen all month. It's pointless to be mad about things you can't control, but it is still frustrating. I didn't even realize I had the flu when I did finally fall asleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment