Thursday, April 21, 2022

30 Days of Biking Day 20: FINALLY!

I know without having to look at previous years that this year is by far the latest I've gone into 30 Days of Biking without commuting via bicycle at least once. I'll own my laziness as being partially responsible for it, but there certainly have been other factors beyond my control that have made bicycle commuting a less than ideal choice so far this month. In any case, I finally put that streak to rest on Wednesday morning:

There's rarely such a thing as a perfect ride, and this one wasn't without a challenge. The early morning temperature hovered just below 30ºF, so I layered up. At least the wind was at my back! Even in the cold, I can't tell you how good it feels to be active early in the morning. It's a great way to start the day and probably contributed to me being in a pretty good mood at work. I also got to experience the recently redone bike lanes in Valleyview near our shop:



This is actually on a small section of the Ohio to Erie Trail that connects the Scioto Trail to the Camp Chase Trail. It previously had been very bumpy with little to no extra space on the right side of the lane. I'm sure there will still be some idiots driving in the bike lane thru here like always, but at the very least, it looks and feels safer. Hopefully I'll be riding these more often over the final 10 days of this month, and beyond...

No comments:

Post a Comment