Sunday, April 17, 2022

30 Days of Biking Day 15: Gig Economy

I went to bed on Thursday night knowing the weather would at the very least be sunny on Friday, and perhaps I could finally commute via bike this month after so many obstacles. And yet, something told me when I woke up on Friday morning that I shouldn't. As annoyed as I was making that decision, I did decide to drive to work.

It turned out that my work day was quite long, which stressed me out knowing that I had a gig to play in the evening. On top of that, a storm was coming in for late Friday, and the winds really picked up around noon, from the direction I would have been riding on my afternoon commute. It's almost just as frustrating to admit that I was better off driving and that this is the current environment in which my life exists, but I suppose if it helps keep one stress level somewhat under control it's a net positive.


With that, I was only willing and able to work in a 2 mile ride around the neighborhood before heading to Hop Yard for my show, which was a great time and I can't wait to do again. I knew in the back of my mind that I would (hopefully) be able to make up some miles over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment