Tuesday, April 12, 2022

30 Days of Biking Day 9: Waiting is the Hardest Part

Ah yes, the weekend. I always look forward to it so much, for the obvious reasons. During 30 Days of Biking, I usually use it to provide me with more opportunities to ride.

Due to attending the kiddo's track meet on Friday evening, we were out kinda late (for us) and I decided I needed to sleep in on Saturday. I wasn't at all feeling like I'd miss out on any good riding conditions, because the forecast was calling for rainy and relatively cold conditions early in the day before some moderate clearing in the afternoon. I figured I could get a few chores done around the house while the outdoor atmosphere was not so pleasant for outdoorsing.

I got my chores done, and I kept checking the forecast. And I kept waiting. The window for showers continued to get pushed further and further into the day. It would get sunny very briefly, then it would start raining again. And once or twice, it actually snowed:


By this point, the original estimate was off by several hours and I was starting to get stir crazy. Despite near-freezing temps, I went for a damn ride, and despite some more peeks of blue skies, oh man was it windy:


I stopped in at Hop Yard for a quick beer, some take out, and of course, to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a few weeks. Of course, it rained again while I was inside. I waited that one out and headed home for dinner. It was yet another frustrating day in the early going of this month, but at the very least, I'm still 9/9!

I was told that the weather for Sunday was to be much more pleasant, but by now, I know to expect absolutely nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment