Wednesday, April 24, 2019

"Hiatus" Over

I've been pretty good about commuting via bicycle for the majority of 30 Days of Biking, but for whatever reason, I awoke on day 24 and realized that it had been exactly one week since I'd done so (even though I've still been riding every day). With a cool but sunny day in the forecast, my commuting hiatus had to end:


After a week since I'd traversed my usual route, I noticed a dramatic change in the sunlight at my usual commute time. It happened to be extremely gorgeous, but I may be a bit biased because I'd missed this:



I heard from my girlfriend that she and the kiddo took advantage of the day and rode to and from school while I was out. One day, she'll remember to send me pics so I can share here. Anyway... I barely had to use my lights at all this morning, which is also great news, because increased sunlight (usually) means increased safety. It truly was an amazing way to kick off the final week of 30 DoB. My only complaints are that I still had to wear gloves this morning, and that my return commute was marred by finding out that Upper Arlington has closed one of the nicer roads that I utilize every day:


The silver lining is that it will give me an extra .5 mile on each commute. I don't think I'll mind that too much. Another silver lining, some time this week I went over 300 miles for the month! Only 6 days left after today. Are you still riding with me?



30 Days of Biking 2019 Mileage Total: 327.9

No comments:

Post a Comment