Monday, April 22, 2019

Learning From Loops

After a short stay in my home town this past weekend, I found myself back in Columbus late last night. Despite the gorgeous weather in the forecast for today, I wasn't quite feeling energetic enough to commute via bike on day 22 of 30 Days of Biking.

Of course I still had to ride, though. I opted instead for my most recent favorite number two option, throwing the bike in the car and taking a short ride after work. I've come up with a few decent loops from the shop that take me about a half hour and/or 5 miles round trip, and I came up with a new one today by turning around at Wilson Road Park:


I like the look of that sign on the right. I Googled it, and it turns out that's a logo regularly used by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources to promote acknowledgement of grant usage, education, and so on. Also, I learned that the cardinal is Ohio's state bird, hence the sign. Happy Earth Day, amirite?

Anyway, I've been meaning to stop by here for about a month or so to scout it out as a potential jumping off point for some longer rides. It sits conveniently off the Camp Chase Trail:


There's not much in the way of amenities, but there is a water fountain and some bike parking at a small shelter, plus ample car parking for those who choose to drive to the trail head:


At the very least, I've found another decent post-work ride or potential picnic lunch destination. I'm hoping to commute tomorrow despite rain in the forecast. We'll see...


30 Days of Biking 2019 Mileage Total: 299.0

No comments:

Post a Comment