Sunday, April 12, 2020

Day 12 of 30: Family Time

Ever since Ohio (and basically every other state) decreed that students would be home-schooled for the time being, we (as parents) have tried to stress to our daughter the importance of still going outside and maintaining distance. She's been pretty good about going in the back yard for a while, or taking short walks around the block, and on some days, taking walks with Mom to pick up lunches provided by the school.

Biking, however, hasn't been very front of mind as of late. I partially blame myself, because I've been biking to work and working outside all day, so by the time I get home, I usually don't feel like going for another ride. Yes, I actually typed that I don't feel like going for a ride sometimes. It happens. But anyway...

Faith asked me yesterday if we could go for a little ride after lunch. I hadn't yet taken a daily ride yet, and we needed some groceries, so the timing couldn't have been more perfect. I even convinced Mom to join us:


That's the true spirit of 30 Days of Biking right there. I didn't put them through the ringer yesterday. The grocery store is only a 3.5 mile round trip from the house. Still, when you haven't used your cycling legs in awhile, it's a little arduous to get going again. The kiddo was definitely feeling the burn by the time we got back. I can't blame her. At least she didn't have this haul on top of it:


Of course, I didn't mind it. :D

We didn't go out for any more rides after that, instead opting to do some indoor activities for the remainder of the day. Faith and I baked a cake for Easter, I recorded a short Facebook Live video, and Rae started flexing her sewing skills by cutting out patterns to make facemasks, with the "help" of some assistants:


Look closely and tell me how many cats are in the photo below:


We have more family time planned for today. It is Easter after all, and though we're not devout Christians in this house, we do have reverence for family traditions. I'm going to head out for a short ride soon just to keep the legs moving (and the streak of biking alive), and then I'll probably head back to the kitchen. Happy Easter if you choose to participate, and happy Sunday to all of you.


30DoB Mileage Total: 123.1

No comments:

Post a Comment