Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 3 of 30: Enjoy it While it Lasts

If you dared to venture outside here in the greater Columbus area yesterday, you were treated to some beautiful conditions. I paused briefly on my morning commute long enough to take in the sunrise just down the road from our shop, with the skyline visible in the distance:


A small token of beauty from Mother Nature in the midst of turmoil. I really do appreciate moments like these so much more nowadays. With some similar conditions forecast over the next couple days, I'm planning to make the most of them, while also being as safe as humanly possible.

On the way home, I dropped in to support another local staple here in Grove City:


Jolly Pirate has become one of my favourite occasional guilty pleasures since we moved here. The donuts ain't half bad, and they have a super cool retro neon sign out front that's very near and dear to my graphic design brain:


But my REAL ulterior motive was to pick up some additional sweet treats to cheer up my girlfriend, whose birthday was yesterday. It wasn't the happiest of birthdays due to everything that's going on around the world these days, which has shelved my (our) original plans for this weekend, among other things. I've worked up a backup plan, but it's going to be a minute until I can put it into action. I'm sure there are many of you out there who can relate. Just remember, though times are tough right now, we WILL get through this if we do the best we can.

I hope you all have as excellent of a Friday/weekend as possible, and you may want to open your windows if you don't want to risk going out! You'd be surprised how good the fresh air feels. Be safe, much love.


30DoB Mileage Total: 21.4

No comments:

Post a Comment