Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Day 28 of 30: Adaptations

Yesterday was an ordinary Monday morning. I was up early, out the door and on my bike before 5:15AM. There was a slight chill in the air, but all indications were that it was going to be a beautiful start to the week.

And then my bus never showed up. I checked the schedule via text message, and it said the next bus wasn't arriving until 7:18AM. I thought, "That's BS. It's gotta be a mistake." So I checked the website. Sure enough, service changes had gone into effect that morning that restrict bus operations between 7AM and 9PM.

For someone who's started using the bus regularly before 6:30AM, obviously this is not ideal. I'm fortunate that I do still have a car that's in some semblance of working order, so I headed back home and hopped in my car.

It's annoying. I vaguely remember hearing about some upcoming service changes last week, but at 5AM, I'm still very much on autopilot. Not only that, I really don't like driving to work. I just don't feel the same as I go through my day. However, I realize there are a lot of annoying things everyone is dealing with these days, and this is just another one of those inconveniences I'll personally need to adapt to.

I made it a point to end the day on a good note, as I was able to sneak in a quick 7 mile ride after dinner:


I'm still not quite sure how I'll adapt to this schedule change going forward, but I will adapt. I can't not ride a bike, right?

Have a good Tuesday, no matter what it throws at you.


30DoB Mileage Counter: 293.1

No comments:

Post a Comment