Thursday, April 30, 2020

Day 30 of 30: Perfection is Subjective

Good morning on day 30 of 30 Days of Biking! That's right, it's the last day in April, which means the challenge has officially reached its end. Admittedly I haven't yet been on my bike today, but I will be shortly after writing this, making it a perfect 30 for 30 in April, 5 years in a row. Yay.

I use the term perfect loosely, because I doubt anyone living around here would say these conditions are perfect:


That pic was from yesterday afternoon, after one of two short laps I took around the neighborhood. It was all I really desired to accomplish for my cycling day, and you can probably guess why. It's been raining since yesterday morning, and my boss actually gave us a mid-week day off today as a result (not truly a day off, because I'll now be working on Saturday, but it is what it is). Nonetheless, even a short ride counts, and therefore it kept my "perfect" streak alive for the month.

About an hour after I'd decided to turn in for the evening, I spotted some unexpectedly beautiful colour in the sky around sunset. When I called my girlfriend outside, she looked the other way and noticed a rainbow:



And just that quickly, it vanished. You might say we had perfect timing.

I've got a few things to do with my "free" day, but I'll be sure to check in with all of you later. Here's hoping your Thursday is...perfect.


30DoB Mileage Counter: 314.9

No comments:

Post a Comment