Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Day 15 of 30: Returns

If things were operating as normal, many would be stressing about Tax Day today, so the title of this post is ironically fitting. This being a cycling blog, I had no intention of discussing tax returns today. I WILL be discussing a couple returns in my life though. First, after a day away, I returned to my bicycle commute yesterday:


Yeah, it looks like I may have taken a lunch break to hit a trail, but this is actually part of my daily ride to work. One of these days when I'm not pressed for time, I'll take a more detailed look at what I encounter on my "usual" commutes. It's definitely not average, especially when facing near freezing temperatures. I was told that we are in the middle of Spring?

Anywho, I didn't have much else to write about biking today, so instead I wanted to briefly mention another important return in my life yesterday:


Our fur-boy Marvin was returned to us yesterday after spending the nite at the vet. He's been very ill and suffering from some bad teeth of late (through no fault of our own - he's had these issues since we adopted him), but after some extensive maintenance it seems he's feeling better as I type this. It made an otherwise lackluster day seem just a little brighter.

Lastly, my girlfriend has been working diligently on sewing facemasks. I helped some last night and Marvin joined the party as well, which now means the whole family has been involved:


It's been quite a mammoth undertaking thus far, but now that she's gotten into a rhythm I could see this being a good little repeat project. I'm also more than happy to assist when time allows.

Speaking of masks, even if not required by law, I'll definitely be needing one the next few days on the bike, with much colder than average weather expected (including snow?!?!?). Happy Hump Day. Be safe, and be well.


30DoB Mileage Total: 144.7

No comments:

Post a Comment