Monday, April 6, 2020

Day 6 of 30: "Lazy" Sunday

After a solid week of beautiful weather, we were indeed exposed to the almost constantly changing central Ohio conditions yesterday. The outdoors had cooled off considerably as rain had moved in overnight, leaving behind some gray and moist trails and roadways. It seemed like the perfect day to keep the activity level lowered and re-charge for another week ahead.

Of course, light activity is better than no activity, and I certainly wasn't about to take a full day off during 30 Days of Biking:


The pic is from Gantz Park, one of my favourite quick stops to ride through near our house. It's a small but charming little place nestled just behind a neighborhood and straddling a creek:


If you can't read the sign above, it encourages getting off the paved trail to explore the creek in the background:


I've yet to do so, but Summer is coming up soon, so we'll see.

This little excursion was actually yet another of my planned detours that I always seem to take. I was actually on my way to make another trip to the grocery store to pick up some extra things I didn't get on Saturday. The park is about a mile out of the way, so it's not that crazy of an adventure, right? At any rate, the return trip allows me to enjoy the buffered bike lanes on Stringtown Road, which is one of the busiest thoroughfares around this town:


As you can see, without the bike lane, this road would be even more treacherous for cyclists. I say even more, because it is still sometimes dangerous to share intersections with cars on a busy road like this. Thankfully, I've had no incidents so far since moving here in July.

All told, my "lazy Sunday" wound up being a 9 mile ride. Hey, it's lazy for me. In any case, it was a good weekend. I'm still not sure I'm ready to tackle this week yet, as I'm about to walk out the door on day 6 at just after 5AM, but that's just another part of the adventure. I hope you all have a great Monday and an even better week. Stay safe and stay healthy.


30DoB Mileage Total: 63.5

No comments:

Post a Comment