Monday, April 27, 2020

Day 27 of 30: 1,000 Miles of Therapy

More than two and a half years ago, I welcomed "My Therapist" to my cycling stable. After waiting out a gloomy day yesterday, I took her out for a ride last evening that pushed her over 1,000 miles:


Many thanks to Strava for helping me keep track of my milestones. :)

In case you don't know me very well, I tend to use cycling as a means of personal therapy at times, hence the name. Last night wasn't so much a therapy session as it was seizing any sort of beautiful moment outside in what was very much a day spent inside:


OK, I guess you could call that therapy. The point is, I wasn't feeling stressed at all. I just wanted to go for a ride for no reason in particular, and those are sometimes the best rides:


I've engaged in a good bit of nostalgia recently, plenty of which includes My Therapist. That being the case, I'm not going to look back on our escapades again today. I'm just glad we were able to sneak in some extra time outside at the end of the day. In the spirit of 30 Days of Biking, I did take a short lap around the block earlier when there was a lull in the showers after lunch:


Ya know, I had to have my bases covered just in case I hadn't decided to venture out after dinner.

So what did I do inside all day? A longtime friend from college hosted a World Open Mic on Instagram Live, for one. That was a pretty amazing experience that I'm really hoping I/we can do again soon. Following up on my post from yesterday, Rae and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen making gnocchi from scratch. We paired it with a pesto sauce made from the wild garlic mustard we'd just foraged, and topped it with sauteed wild onion & pheasant back mushrooms. It's not the best pic, but you can trust me when I tell you it was absolutely delicious:


At this point, I'd like to reveal that this is the real reason I took a ride after dinner. I ate a ton of gnocchi. At any rate, 1,000 miles is pretty cool to think about, and I'm not only excited for the future cycling adventures that are sure to come, but also for more food foraging adventures too!

It's already Monday again, and there are less than four days remaining in April. Where does the time go? I'm hoping to finish this month off strong. Have a good week, everyone. Be safe and healthy.


30DoB Mileage Counter: 284.4

No comments:

Post a Comment