Friday, April 24, 2020

Day 24 of 30: Rain, Man...

The great outdoors have certainly presented their fair share of challenges so far in this edition of 30 Days of Biking. After one nice day, yesterday's forecast called for gray and rainy conditions basically all day. That's been a bit of a pattern this year. Knowing what was in store, I decided to ride to work anyway because it wasn't raining in the early morning.

To my pleasant surprise, the heaviest of rain held off until well after the end of my work day AND I finished up a little earlier than I'd anticipated, so I decided to take an eastern detour on my afternoon commute via the Scioto Trail:



Despite a week's worth of freeze warnings last week, it looks like the foliage is finally coming out of dormancy for the most part. It wasn't the most pleasant of Spring days to be on a bike, but it certainly wasn't the worst. I will say, the air does seem to feel fresher, especially in the usually very busy downtown area:



Due to the potential rain, I didn't make any major stops along the way other than to take a couple photos. I managed to avoid any sort of showers on my ride before the bus picked me up. By the time I got home, they had started to increase, so it appears I timed the weather perfectly for once! I was initially on the fence about riding to work yesterday, and in hindsight I'm really glad I did (as usual). It's rarely a bad time to ride 5 miles.

Even if you are obeying a quarantine order, I hope you have still been able to get out for some fresh air at least once a day. It really is good for us. Happy Friday everyone, and be safe out there.


30DoB Mileage Counter: 245.1

No comments:

Post a Comment