Friday, August 26, 2016

Arc de Triomphe

#31daysofbiking Mileage Counter: 440.2

Yesterday began with a lot of excitement:

I often get this excited to go to the dentist

Alright, so inherently riding my bike to the dentist isn't that exciting. This particular time it was, because I finally got my permanent teeth put in after 10 months of procedures following my crash:

Check out those pearly off-whites!

I spent the previous night at my sister's house, as she lives just over a mile away from the dentist. Any other time, I would have walked or driven there. I guess you could say I had to have a "moment of triumph" via bicycle. Hey, it was worth it for another reason: there are some serious hills near her house, so I got a good workout in too.

I went back and did some marketing/social media work for Wash Cycle (the joys of having a flexible job) before meeting my sister for lunch. I did take a day off from my delivery route to do the dentist thing, but it also enabled me a couple other opportunities. I was able to ride another leg of the D&L Trail:

Got this on lock down

This particular section between Weissport and Parryville isn't the most friendly for my commuter bike, but he performed admirably as he always does. It's not the worst trail, but definitely requires a mountain bike for best results. Once again, I didn't take many pictures along the way, but there are plenty of remnants of the old canal and lock tender buildings:

Or maybe some sort of dungeon

I'd have to look up what building this stone arch/entrance was actually built for, but some other time. The trail was relatively easy and flat despite some rocky terrain. I turned left in Parryville, and the climb afterward was significantly more difficult:

And by significantly I mean ridiculously

I made it to the top just before some light showers came, so my soaking wet-ness was all sweat. It was...gross. And why did I do this? Partially to say I did it, but I also had a training session to attend:

As if the hill climb wasn't enough of a training session

That's right, football season starts today and I'll be spending my evening on the sidelines with a camera, but I have Wash Cycle work this morning, so I'll still be getting plenty of miles in. By the way, the ride down the hill was much easier. Enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment