Thursday, August 11, 2016

Red Alert

#31daysofbiking Mileage Tracker: 188.7

So in case you don't live around here or you're immune to feeling anything, IT'S FUCKING HOT OUTSIDE.

In an ironic twist to this week, I'm thankful that I had to use a ZipCar to take care of most of my Wash Cycle appointments today. Moving 300 pounds of laundry on a trailer in 95° heat is asking a bit much, even for a psycho like myself. It's actually easier in the Winter, when that activity keeps you warm...

As such, most of today's riding was done in the early morning and late evening. I couldn't help but feel like this pic was straight out of a bizarro re-make of "2001: A Space Odyssey":

"I'm sorry, Steve. I'm afraid you can't do that."

Well I somehow did almost 15 miles today and I survived...for now. I don't recommend going outside for an extended period of time unless you're a) crazy, b) well-conditioned, or c) both. Apparently we're in this muck until Sunday. Stay hydrated, friends, and stay along for the ride! I'm not going to let the heat stop me this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment