Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Let's Take This Inside

#31daysofbiking Mileage Counter: 294.8

We were supposed to be out of this heat wave 2 days ago, but it has persisted until at least today. Also, no rain as of yet. Despite the humidity and 95°+ temps, I still maintain that riding in this weather isn't all that bad, provided you prepare adequately.

Today, I had a strange route for Wash Cycle: only 3 commercial appointments spread out amongst 14 miles of terrain if you include the back and forth nature of the ride.

So you know how I'm always saying that things are so much better on a bike? Point made:

...but there's no bike in the picture...

That's 200 pounds of pillows (again with the stinking pillows) for Temple. When I'm able to use the bike/trailer, I'm able to bring it onto their elevator and take it right to their storage closet, which is much easier than trudging up and down the ramp to and from the cargo van. This is the second or third time I've done this, and I won't ever get tired of it.

After that, it was two one-bag appointments in Northern Liberties and West Philly respectively. Piece of cake with this beast:

Didn't even break a sweat (taking the picture)

I packed extra water today, and used every last drop of it. By the time I got home this evening, I had logged over 30 miles including commutes. So...you CAN go out in this if you know what you're getting into, but again, if you don't have to, do it anyway. Ha...but I'm not gonna lie. That first moment I walked in the house after I got home was the adrenaline crash of a lifetime, and the best nap ever followed soon after.

Day 16, down. Whoaaaaaaa I'm halfway theeeeerrrre...

No comments:

Post a Comment