Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Ethiopian Inspiration

#31daysofbiking Mileage Counter: 406.6

I don't like writing posts like the one I wrote previously, but sometimes we all need to let go of a little baggage, and that's all it was. Moving on...

I somehow logged over 20 miles yesterday and didn't take one single picture. It was a beautiful day for riding, so beautiful that I inspired my roommate to ride. I'll take total credit for it even though she rides on a semi-regular basis and all I had to do was pump up her tires. Hey, every little bit just to get someone on a bike.

We went to this Ethiopian restaurant for dinner, a place I haven't been to since my birthday back in December. I write all over the place and try to see all sorts of different things, but I always like coming back to places like these because the menu never changes, and I always get the same thing. Sometimes you also need a little consistency, right?

This is from last year. The picture, not the food.

Side note: I don't want to get political on here, but if you haven't been keeping up with the story of Ethiopian runner Feyisa Lilesa, you should be.

Some milestones of note: I went over 400(!) miles for the month yesterday, today marks 10 months since my crash, and tomorrow I'll FINALLY be getting my permanent replacement teeth put on. I also have a minor work-related adventure planned for tomorrow. Today? We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment