Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Softball's Over

#31daysofbiking Mileage Counter: 178.9

I can't believe I'm already 1/3 of the way through this month...

It's strange how things seem to be coming full circle the second time around doing this monthly biking challenge deal. Back in April, softball season began. Last night, it came to an end, at least for my team:

The royal "my"

Things have changed dramatically since then. For starters, it's Summer, not Spring (obviously). Also, the original team I joined had to forfeit the season due to injuries. Still wanting to play, I joined the North Bowl team for the last 2 games of the regular season and stuck with it into the playoffs. We were 3-0 since I joined, but last night we just couldn't get it going offensively and fell 6-1, albeit against one of the best teams in the league. Still, it was fun, and at the very least, it gave me an excuse to log an additional 9 miles...haha.

I wrote last year that barring anything crazy, I'll be back again next year. We'll see what happens...

Day 11 of my challenge will be a bit daunting, as it's raining pretty heavily outside right now. You know by now that's not going to stop me. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment