Thursday, August 18, 2016

Vegan Beer

#31daysofbiking Mileage Counter: 307.2

Day 17 was a rather tame day cycling-wise, not such a tame day work-wise, but a solid day nonetheless.

So...for whatever reason, it gave me that sense that I needed to look back. Last time I did this monthly biking challenge thing, I was at 323.2 on day 17. I didn't set a goal this time around, but I would love to see if I can beat my previous total. I guess I'd have to do it on percentage, since there are 31 days in August and only 30 days in April, but you get the point. Good news is, I'm that close to the same total and I haven't really done a crazy 60+ mile day like I did back in April. Slow and steady, or something.

Anywho, I moved a countless amount of floor mats today as I do every Wednesday, and that was mostly via cargo van due to the massive size of the load, so my cycling was limited to the early morning and late evening. Highlight of the day? Vegan Drinks, which is a meetup I've been participating in loosely for over a year:

What makes the beer strange? You'll find out...

This month's installment was held at Strangelove's in Center City. I have a strange relationship with this place... I once went there on a date, and through that date I ended up meeting a whole bunch of new friends, even though things didn't work out with her. This is also the last bar I visited the night I crashed my bike last October. All the extracurriculars aside, I always like coming back here because of the vegan options and their unique beer selection. There's no better way to my heart haha.

I stayed long enough last night how to encounter a light rain on the ride home. It was actually kind of nice, considering how stinking (or sticking) hot it's been lately. It appears as of this morning that this heat wave may have finally broken. WE SURVIVED!

So, with that, it's very grey and threatening to rain outside, so I'm not sure how much riding I'll do today, but I will be representing Wash Cycle at the first annual SustainPHL Awards tonight, so there's that... and I'm doing an anti rain dance for this weekend ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment