Thursday, August 4, 2016

Multi-tooling, Multi-talented, Fighting City Hall...

#31daysofbiking mileage counter: 47.8

A bit delayed on this one, but worth it.

Yesterday was very ho-hum for the most part. I had to do some routine maintenance on the fly (if that makes sense) just after leaving the office. I noticed earlier in the day that my shifters seemed to be facing much more towards me than normal. Turns out, my handlebars were loose. Always keep your multi-tool handy:

Or an allen wrench. We don't need these fancy names.

I nursed the bike about 1 mile from my office to the PPA office. I was going to contest a red light late fee, which I couldn't do because apparently I was at the wrong office. These guys are awesome, let me tell you. I don't know how anyone who works here doesn't kill themselves after a week:

Boringest place ever

It's also home to the world's worst bike rack. If you look above, you can see my wheel locked to it rather than the frame, and an abandoned lock lying next to it. It's literally impossible to lock your frame to this thing because of that ridiculous pipe:


Maybe I should write a review. Anywho, non-biking related awesomeness ensued afterward. Whilst eating dinner, I got wind of a potential last minute gig that ultimately didn't pan out, but I went there anyway to say "hi" and made a cameo appearance that may have won me a future spot. I'm glossing over a lot of details because I'm almost late for work, but last night was pretty fun. Tonight, rest. Now, to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment