Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Little Things

#31daysofbiking Mileage Counter: 63.5

I'm doing this now because I may not have time later tonite. I'm going to a Bicycle Coalition happy hour in about...an hour...haha, and my friend is playing at the Fire, the bar I used to live above.  Of course, I'll be riding my bike.  So much for a restful evening!

I'll admit that my escapades of last night left me a tad hung over and a bit hazy, but somehow I logged nearly 16 miles already today, and I don't really feel like I did.  I mean, my commute round-trip is about 8 miles, so that would explain most of it.  The rest was on this worthy steed that I don't often get to employ:

And a reminder that Steve needs to buy a rack for his personal bike

You're used to seeing me move mountains of laundry, but I only had one client to pick up via bike today, in Fishtown.  I only service said client once every three weeks, but they're one of my favorite stops.  I'm not going to reveal names, but for starters, they're a huge Bernie Sanders supporter (interestingly enough, most of my clients are), and actually gave me a poster when I stopped to deliver a couple months ago.  For two, I really like riding around Fishtown and hanging out there when I'm not working.  Sometimes I kinda miss living in NoLibs, because I don't get up there as often as I used to.  Anyway...

Thirdly, in their doorway, there are these neat little origami cranes hanging in the window, and I always like to see them just chillin':

The colors!

It's the little things that brighten up your day sometimes.  Not that today needed brightening, it's been beautiful outside all day, but still, they're neat.

- - - - - - - - - -

For those of you who are in the city, I'm biking to Manayunk on Saturday to see another friend (a real authentic blues musician!) perform in Pretzel Park at Noon and you're welcome to join me.  Leave a comment/FB/call/text/email/smoke signal if interested.

4 days down (almost), 27 to go.  It gets easier every time...

No comments:

Post a Comment