Thursday, April 20, 2017

420 on 420. Sort of.

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 419.1

Almost made it to 420 miles on 4/20. Got a mile?

I've set goals for myself this month which I won't divulge, but that wasn't one of them. If it had been, I probably would have gone back out tonite to log one more mile just for the hell of it. Since I'm not competing (other than with myself), nah. More on that later.

First thing this morning, I spied a Wash Cycle on the way to...Wash Cycle:

Oh hey buddy

I really like seeing my co-workers killing it. It was kinda chilly and gray this morning, as you can see, but today was one of those typical Spring days in PA where you start the morning with the heat turned on and feel like you may need the A/C by mid-day. It's a shame I didn't stop to take more pictures but...I was busy!

Between covering the route and various commutes, I put in well over 25 miles today, which put me over 400 for the month. I've recently mentioned that I like how easy Strava makes it for me to keep track of all this, but this evening, they kinda irked me with this e-mail:

Wanya bet?

So...I don't even know what a KOM is, or why I got this e-mail, or why I should care that Wanya beat my segment time that I didn't even know existed, but I immediately unsubscribed. I'd never seen one of these before, so I assumed this is a new thing. However, a quick Google search resulted in finding this article about reckless cycling that may or may not have resulted from Strava challenges from 5ish years ago.

Yea. You can have your "KOM." As I mentioned above, my biking challenges are personal. I'm more about collecting experiences than accolades, and 400 miles worth of those experiences in less than 3 weeks is enough of a pat on the back for me.

#30daysofbiking has once again provided more wealth of fun, exhaustion and every emotion in between, and there are still 10 more days to go, believe it or not. We're on the home stretch...

No comments:

Post a Comment