Friday, April 28, 2017

A Challenge, You Say?

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 572.7

I spotted this ad on the front page of the Philly Metro this morning:


I've mentioned the Circuit Trails many times on this blog, and being that I've already logged 500+ miles this month, I feel I'm up to the task of riding 500 miles on the trails over the next few months. Let's see what happens, shall we?

Anywho, day 28 of #30daysofbiking was gorgeous, with temps in the 80s and a light breeze in the forecast. Views like these make you forget all about the chaos going on in Center City:


I managed to go largely unscathed by the ensuing traffic jams caused by the NFL Draft and Penn Relays, but trust me - they were still present. I got a little cooked (my own fault - at least I'll have a nice cyclist tan eventually), but I have nothing but good things to say about the riding from today, all 17 miles of it. Mostly commutes, nothing major, and that's just peachy.

The day did take a bittersweet turn in the afternoon, as my week of training a new cyclist came to an end, and I was also forced to say goodbye to these felines that I've been babysitting for the last week:


I will say that, due in large part to the 570+ miles I've logged so far this month, I was pretty tired this afternoon, so I did share one final cat nap with them before leaving. That was nice. It gave me enough energy to go see my brand new nephew for the very first time! I didn't ride there. Maybe one day, but not today:


I see plenty of rides in his future ;)

So here we are. 2 more days, one last weekend, zero regrets. It's been super real once again, 30 Days of Biking! I'm already at or above last year's mileage total. Think I can get to 600? I think you know the answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment