Monday, April 24, 2017

Earth Gray

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 485.1

I returned to reality this morning, reality being work and/or Philadelphia. I had a great night's sleep, but due to traveling and the associated preparations, I was pretty beat when I got up this morning. A gray, overcast sky didn't help much, but hey, we ride on anyway.

After a short, uneventful trip out to Swarthmore and back, I got on the Wash Cycle to table at Jefferson University's belated Earth Day Fair. If this sounds familiar, it's because I did the same thing last year. Due to the aforementioned gray skies and threatening showers, we hurriedly moved our tables from the lawn to some cover underneath one of the buildings on campus. Not pictured, the spectacle of me loading our table onto the back of the trailer:

I mean, we move heavy objects every day...

If you look at the left side of the table, you'll notice the "Boxed Water" they give out at this event every year. I can't tell you how many people thought that's what I was selling. Surprisingly, I still ran out of materials by 12:30, about a half hour earlier than the conclusion of the event. Perhaps going under cover made that possible, because I'm not sure anyone would have stopped by even with the showers being light and random in nature. Even when not exposed to the drizzle, the temperature was still in the low 50's, too chilly for my liking this time of year. The mere notion that I was wishing I'd brought a beanie with me in mid-April was kinda annoying, but again, we survived.

I returned to base camp and got back home unscathed. After a brief rest, I ran some errands, not the least of which included another trip out to West Philly to feed my friend's cats again. I'll always love this view from Drexel Park and will take any excuse I get to view it:

I was once standing naked in this park. Thankfully not on a day like today.

How I put in 23.4 miles today is beyond me. I guess it just sort of happens at this point. Day 24 is in the books and day 25 looks like it could be nasty. Let's see what we can do, #30daysofbiking...only 6 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment