Sunday, April 16, 2017

...and on the 16th Day, He Biked

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 316.1

Day 16, mileage includes a 16, 316 on Easter Sunday, there's probably a correlation somewhere. Anywho...

I awoke knowing that a full afternoon and evening of family affairs awaited me, which would be enjoyable in their own right, but wouldn't leave much time for biking. Nevertheless, I made the most of it.

I jokingly told my Mom that her bike looked lonely the last time I saw it (who actually knows when that was), so I hijacked it this morning and rode around Palmerton in search of coffee:

I had coffee stains in the most literal sense of the term...

I found it in the local grocery store, where I ran into my old buddy Scott. His first question was "You didn't bike here, did you?" To which I responded "Not from Philly, haha." I had a couple similar exchanges when I biked to Easter Brunch at the country club just 2 miles from my Mom's house:

I think this is the most action Mom's bike has seen in 2 years

The ride there was literally all uphill, but I gave myself plenty of time because I knew that beforehand. In total Strava said it was a 390-foot elevation change. Not bad, eh? The weather was actually quite nice, with a cooperative breeze keeping me cool enough to avoid sweating like a pig upon arrival.

Unfortunately, clouds started to roll in as we finished brunch, so I had to leave in a hurry. I just made it back to Mom's before the rain came. Other than a brief ride from my car back to my house in South Philly, that was it for today. Back to "normal" tomorrow, and a few exciting things on tap for this week. It's mostly downhill from here, #30daysofbiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment