Friday, April 7, 2017

...and on the Seventh Day, He Biked.

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 133.8

Day 6 was a bit of a monsoon, quite literally. Day 7 was only marginally better.

I decided to "sleep in" until 7. I remember when waking up at 7 for class at 8 was the toughest chore in the world. Now, I (occasionally) move 200+ pounds of laundry on a bike at about 8 AM:

They didn't teach this in college. Take THAT, degree!

Actually, this was at around 11AM, but I was on the clock around 8 servicing Swarthmore. You get the point. Very little rain today, but it was still cold enough that I contemplated wearing ear muffs. In mid-April. Aside from being forced to wear my rain jacket more for wind protection than anything else, the route went smoothly and I wrapped up this week of deliveries without any major hitches. That speaks volumes (pun intended) to how far we've come.

After some office work, I headed home and watched a bit of the Phillies home opener. Hard to believe it's baseball season, what with it being so damn cold. Enough of that, though. I refreshed enough to brave the elements once more, because it also happened to be National Beer Day. Noted craft beer enthusiast that I am, I decided to make it as much of an adventure as I could. I decided to head north to Fishtown and encountered this on the way:

I didn't know the Pope was coming back to Philly... 

The American Revolutionary War Museum is holding a grand opening gala this weekend. They couldn't have picked better weather! Ha...aside from the slight annoyance of having to change my route (trust me, in this cold and wind, you'd be annoyed too), the place looks like it could be a good visit once opened, and I'm sure I'll stop in sooner or later.

Onward to Fishtown and my intended destination, the Evil Genius Brewery:

Because Dr. Evil was copyrighted

Notice anything strange? Check out the bike rack. It's one of those "wheel only" racks that are rife for thefts. I never lock my bike without attaching the wheel to the frame to the rack, or at least the frame and the cable. As you can see if you look closely, I was forced to get creative. Hopefully I didn't pull a spoke out... Anywho, the beer was decent, as was the food, as was the atmosphere. I look forward to coming back on a warmer day when I can sit outside.

Hard to believe it's already been 7 days. A side note, I've now visited 8 breweries since #30daysofbiking began, and there will be more...

No comments:

Post a Comment