Wednesday, April 12, 2017

West Willy Wednesday-ish

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 237.3

I had one of those days, but it ended well.

Let's just bypass the first 3/4 of day 12 of #30daysofbiking and move right to the dinner hour, where I found myself riding out to West Philly for the monthly Philly Vegan Drinks event. This one was held at Dock Street Brewery:

Dock Street Brewery is neither a dock nor a street nor a brewery. Discuss.

Dock Street is actually a pretty nice place to enjoy a beer this time of year, with plenty of outside seating (as you can see) and a solid menu for folks of all dietary preferences. The beer is pretty flippin' awesome, and it should be - they claim to be Philly's first craft brewery (pretty sure no one disputes this). The event was rather underwhelming, but not unpleasant in the least. And again, it gave me an excuse to ride another 6ish miles.

I actually could have stayed longer, but I told a friend I would meet him in South Philly around 8, so I had to roll out before it ended. On my way out the door, I saw this GORGEOUS sunset:

It's not a comet.

I took a different route home this evening than I did last week and found this work zone on Gray's Ferry Avenue at 34th St.:

I find these all the time, actually.

I only point this out because I think it's kinda neat that they're using the old train tracks as sidewalk forms. That's quite possibly the best re-purposing I've seen in recent memory. I find it slightly disappointing that they removed my favorite part of this intersection, the random buffer stop that used to sit on the sidewalk right near the intersection:


Not stopping anything now other than progress...

I dunno, I always thought it looked neat there because it was so out of place (sort of). In any case, the conditions for riding were awesome tonite and I could have kept going, but I kept day 12 on the lighter side mostly by design. Even I can't keep up this torrid pace. Lucky 13 tomorrow. How's everyone doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment