Sunday, April 2, 2017

Weekend Whisperer

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 7.1

I awoke again in Columbus this morning, not quite sure what the day would hold other than a flight back to Philly. My girlfriend and I weren't feeling so hot and took it pretty easy for the most part. I wish we had better weather yesterday to explore more of Columbus via bike. It's one of the more bike-friendly cities in the country. I don't feel like I missed out, though. If anything, it's giving me an excuse to go back. ;)

It's just as well anyway. Her daughter came home mid-morning and we wouldn't have had much time anyway. Later on, we took her to the park and I took the opportunity to pump up the tires on her Schwinn. It sorely needed it:

The Whisper actually rides quite silently

Not sure how much energy I would have after getting back to Philly, I did take it for a quick .2 mile spin around the parking lot just in case. We tried to get her to ride but I think she needs some more training. In any case, at least I got her on a bike. 2 in 2 days!

So as luck would have it, I returned with moderate energy to beautiful weather in Philly and needed to clear my head, so a ride seemed like just the right thing to do:

Trust me - my vision is not as blurry as this photo appears to be

Just like last year, 30 Days of Biking has started off kinda slow, but it's going to pick up soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment