Thursday, April 27, 2017

Draft Hoarse

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 554.8

Day 27 was beeeeeeeeauty-full! Well, weather-wise. Event-wise...not so much.

It didn't start off bad, although I made the mistake of carrying a rain jacket in my bag (just in case) and wearing a sweatshirt when I left the house this morning, not to mention zip-off pants. None of those were necessary by 11AM, when the temperature approached 80 degrees and it felt like early Summer as opposed to late Winter. What a week...

After another morning of riding along for training (which went well), I hopped on the trike briefly to finish up a couple appointments. I love this fella:

He's indifferent to me

I headed back southward to grab lunch and move to the office. Today happened to be the first day of the NFL Draft, so I skidded by just to take a look:

Not much to see, IMHO

I really didn't want to get any closer. The entire Ben Franklin Parkway area and beyond is a shitshow right now and will be for the next few days. You'd think as an avid sports fan I'd be interested in this fiasco, but no. At least, not this time. Between the crowd of "bros" that frequent the draft and the hoity-toity folk that attend the Penn Relays (also in town this weekend) combined with your average obnoxious pedestrians, I had my fair share of close calls with humans today (and some yelling), more than I care to write about here. I'd take the Pope-ocalypse any day over this.

Anyway, I got outside as much as I could today in spite of all the obstacles, putting in a lot of miles going to and back from West Philly a couple more times and...well let's just leave it at that. I'd rather not start a rant. Friday and day 28 are next, and a big weekend finish to #30daysofbiking...3 more days, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment