Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The View(s)

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 389.6

Weatherwise, today wasn't the prettiest day, and as such I really don't have much to write about from day 19 of #30daysofbiking. I'd like to take a brief aside based off this article from GoPhillyGo that I stumbled upon a week or so ago. It's about the best views in Philly:


This one's actually not on the list

If you've read this blog regularly, you know how I feel about lists and how they're subjective and blah blah blah. I actually like this list, because I've visited a lot of these places multiple times and I tend to agree with most of their choices:
  1. John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
  2. Belmont Plateau
  3. Philadelphia Museum of Art
  4. Bartram's Garden
  5. South Street Bridge
  6. Central Delaware Trail
  7. Camden, NJ Waterfront - the only one I haven't visited (yet)
Those aren't necessarily the best views I've seen from these places, but rather the first posts that came to mind when I thought of them. I agree with this list so much so that the only one I think I'd add off the top of my head is Drexel Park in West Philly (sandwiched somewhere in that post). That's not to say there aren't dozens of other places to see a great view in this city.

I did attend a rather interesting panel discussion on climate change and green jobs hosted by Defend our Future PA, so there's also that. Most of the discussion wasn't bike-centric but very green oriented nonetheless. I'm glad to see more of these types of events popping up (it does seem to be an almost bi-weekly occurrence of late). Of course if you are interested in learning more about tonight, just ask. There was a lot of quality discussion.

Oh, and I logged nearly 13 miles today, all commutes. If this is considered an "off" day, I'd say it's not a bad day in the least. I can't believe we're already 19 days into this jawn...

No comments:

Post a Comment