Thursday, April 13, 2017

Nice Rack: Front & Thompson

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 265.1

Normally when I post about a nice bike rack, it's relatively short. However, this is #30daysofbiking and everything is amplified so...I present to you, day 13: a story in reverse.

This evening, I decided to venture to Front Street Cafe because they were opening their "garden" for the season and had a bunch of cool specials. I've been here many times before, but never noticed this leaf-shaped bike rack:


A good place to leaf your bike

To be fair, it looks shiny and new and may well be. You can see it even better when my bike's not locked to it:

When a plant gives you 1000% of your RDA of Iron...

Back to why I chose to ride 4.5 miles up to Fishtown...I heard there would be live music tonite, and music and beer are the quickest ways to my heart other than a nice bike ride:

The musician is in there somewhere. Trust me.

The first guy (above) was an instrumental pianist. The next guy was a guitarist/harmonica-ist much like yours truly. Both were solid, and definitely made for an enjoyable end to an up-and-down day.

Speaking of the rest of the day, earlier on, a new old client returned to the Wash Cycle roster, which required a trip to Chinatown. It was a little scary riding a cargo bike on Vine Street, but the cherry blossoms in bloom with the skyline as a backdrop was kinda nice:

Screenshotted because I was feeling lazy this evening

Said delivery was part of a same-day service, which went off without a hitch, always a nice bonus.

The not-so-nice parts of today came early on, when I had two clients in the suburbs today and traffic was jammed in almost all directions. Just reminded me why I ride a bike to work every day. But...

I also serviced another client in Fishtown and picked up 25ish pounds on my personal bike because I was running late and underestimated how much laundry they would have. Rather than riding all the way back to the plant to pick up the company bike first, I figured I could just do the pickup on my bike. Just barely made it. If you were expecting pics of that ridiculous spectacle, sorry. The plus in all of that was the obvious workout, and let me tell ya, I think this is the first time in a long time my legs are actually a tad sore. You won't hear that on this blog very often.

Lucky 13 was a challenge, but rewarding just the same. Friday and palindrome day tomorrow, 30 Days of Biking!

No comments:

Post a Comment