Saturday, April 15, 2017

Maintaining Course

30 Days of Biking Mileage Total: 308.8

If you've been following along, you may notice that mileage total didn't move very much since last night. Today was a planned maintenance day on multiple levels:

IDK it looks like one level to me...

You probably wouldn't believe it from reading this blog, but I also own a car, and it needed some love today. I spent the better part of this afternoon in my Dad's garage helping him with work on my front brakes and a couple other routine items.

Somewhere in there, I also gave my bike some love by adjusting the brakes and doing a half-ass truing job on both rims. The guy still needs a visit to a bike shop in the near future for a full tune up, but this will do for now.

All this necessary work was a good opportunity to rest my legs (and my butt) after averaging more than 20 miles a day so far this month. Worth noting that I did take a relaxing 40-minute walk this evening, and of course I sneaked in a quick ride along the Lehigh Canal today. Remember, every ride counts no matter the length:

That's what she said

We're halfway there, #30daysofbiking. Can you believe it? You still with me?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment