Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Wednesday Night Flight

30 Days of Biking Mileage Counter: 524.1

I've been doing a lot of traveling this month, in case you haven't been paying attention (and some of it hasn't been via bike, believe it or not). I don't know how I survived as long as I did without a rear-mount rack on my bike. More accurately, I don't know how my shoulders and arms survived carrying everything I have carried while riding this fella:

No pain, no gain

That pack on the back is also a recent addition, an interesting gift from my Dad who re-gifted it from someone who cleaned out a house of someone who saved up enough Marlboro Miles to buy a promotional duffel bag they never used. Follow all that?

Aside from being a conversation starter when people notice what it says on the side, it happens to fit perfectly on my back rack. Also perfectly sized to pack for an overnight trip, including the multiple cat-sitting trips to and back from West Philly I've made the last couple nights. All this considered, I think my next investment is going to be in a nice set of panniers so I can seriously think about an extended weekend tour...or more. And maybe a set of fenders to avoid getting soaked like I have been the past couple days.

Anyway, today was actually much nicer than yesterday. I did another couple rides out to West Philly, and the milder conditions reminded me that I'm still in love with this view from Drexel Park:

I've got biking on a cloudy day

Today's cycling was kinda uneventful otherwise, which again, I appreciate occasionally. I did have some conversations about biking adventures with my trainee which kinda got that whole pannier thought started. I also decided on a couple other trails to explore in the area, but that's for another day. ;)

I finished up by biking back to South Philly for dinner at Brigantessa, a restaurant that specializes in Southern Italian cuisine and also features Italian beer on draft. Gotta try 'em all:

Hit the one in the middle. Then the right. Then the left. Or any order really as long as you hit them all.

Those aren't full size glasses, just so you're aware. If I could write more than a sentence about a beer, I really could start another blog.

At any rate, we are down to FOUR days. Can you believe it? #30daysofbiking really does get easier every time. Let's do this weekend right.

No comments:

Post a Comment